"Pride"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Pride"

OK Guys,
I have been hoping to see a post about this for a couple of days but to no avail...

Did anyone else see the movie on A&E the other night called "Pride" about a pride of lions in East Africa?(looked like the Serengeti or Mara to me)

Filmed this year, it was done in the "Babe" style of movie w/ real lions who were given moving lips and voices of some well known Hollywood/British actors with real footage of cubs and adult lions.

I thought it was done tastefully and actually found myself really enjoying it. I am planning on buying the DVD once it is released this fall. (Yes, I have no life!)

If you haven't seen it, I know all you Africa lovers will enjoy it.

It is on again this Sat and Sun on A&E.
Visit
aetv.com
to get the background on it.

OK speak up...who else watched it?

Old Jun 25th, 2004, 05:35 AM

Received 17 Likes on 1 Post
divewop - I rarely read a tv guide but for some reason I picked it up Monday night and saw this movie listed. I told the kids about it and had to "make" them watch it. It's hard to compete with the Disney channel.

It didn't take long for all of us to get hooked. It's a good story and the kids learned alot. My 7 year old kept hiding his face when he thought something bad would happen. Finally about half way through the movie he realized they weren't showing anything bad and settled down to watch it.

We all enjoyed it and I'm sure we will watch it again. While we were watching it I wondered if any of you guys were watching it too!
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

sundowner-
I too, happened upon it browsing through the TV listings. Glad I found it.

There were a few parts in the movie that I thought might be questionable for children and wondered how they might react.

Since our only "children" are furry and four legged, it's good to hear that your's enjoyed it.

Old Jun 25th, 2004, 07:06 PM
DJE

I also had the pleasure of watching this production and thought it was beautifully photographed.
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 04:16 AM

Hi there. My ole'lady (wife) ,lol. Told me about this show. I also thought it was pretty cool. Really liked how they showed the CUBS trying to run from the ELES. As some of you know. They used real footage on this. For ex. when the BUFFALOS where trying to get the cubs in and around the bushes. Along with the adults trying to scare them off.
The MALE LIONS fighting was from the NGORO CRATER. That footage was when 4 HUGE MALES came over to take out 2 HUGE MALES from their own pride. As you might guess. The 2 MALES had no chance.
Tough life these guys have.
Ok, thanks David
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 12:13 PM
sandi

Caught it this afternoon - it looks like "Seringit" to me, as the kopje are a giveaway and few acacia trees. Also seems that they might have cut other films to put this together; regardless, the dialogue was a hoot!

Nothing too serious/scary that the lil ones could't see it.