Search

Decent Hotel, Aswan

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2019, 06:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Decent Hotel, Aswan

Hello again,
I am still busy booking my holiday of 9 nights over Easter to Egypt and have booked our hotels in Cairo (2 nights),we then overnight on the train to Luxor where we are booked for 3 nights at the Pavilion Winter Hotel - we want to now find a hotel in Aswan, possibly for 2 nights, maybe just one: we shall arrive our first night from Luxor having taken in Edfu and Kom Ombo on the way, so will be a bit tired and the next day we want to do the drive there and back to Abu Simbel, we also need to fit in Philae Temple - any suggestions other than the Old Cataract and Movenpick.
I would appreciate any help and thanks in advance
Old Mar 11th, 2019, 04:30 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi again Patricia. Hoping someone else would have the answer you want I've been holding off answering. I stayed 1 night at a "decent" hotel then moved next morning to the Movenpick (can't afford the Old Cataract).

I think I posted a link to the reviews of the hotels I stayed in in Egypt on another of your threads, the Movenpick among them. Not the kind of place I usually stay but, given the condition of more modest places, I found it a beautiful location, QUIET and I think the best one can do in Aswan, other than the Old Cararact. Also a great breakfast buffet.
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 01:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, MmePerdu, you are a real stalwart - I have booked Movenpick!