Search

Cost of lodges at Kruger

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Jed
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cost of lodges at Kruger

I see that some of the lodges cost over US$1000/night in Kruger and surrounding area. Is this what people actually pay, or can you get them at discounts someway? Using an agent such as go2africa or Thompsons?
Old Dec 4th, 2006, 12:43 PM
sandi

There are lots of accommodations at Kruger or the adjacent private conservation lands that run $1000+/pppnt, so that's not unusual. But for as many in this price range, there are a number of properties at lesser cost.

Check out www.e-gnu.com where you can search for properties in/around Kruger; select Mpumalanga in ths drop down menu. Camps/lodges in the park itself vs the private lands, will be less expensive. All depends on what it is you are seeking.

And, of course, tell your tour operator your budget and see what they can offer.

Old Dec 4th, 2006, 01:16 PM

Kruger Park Restcamps have huts/bungalows, very nice seperate huts, run about $70 per hut per night, 2 people, in camps like Satara, Mopani, Skukuza and many others. Here's lnk to Skukuza-
http://www.krugerpark.co.za/skukuza-camp.html These are run by the SA National Park Service. Last Sept we stayed at Mopani and Satari. Very nice bungalows, but as compared to the $1,000 camps, you are on your own for meals and "game drives".
I did a trip report on our 3 nights in Kruger with a few photos.
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=4

regards - tom
Old Dec 4th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Jed
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses. Sandi - e-gnu seems to be an helpful site. Tom - I couldn't find your post.

Actually, I was wondering whether people <i>really</i> pay over $1000/night, or whether they get those expensive accommodations (eg Sabi Sabi, Hamiltons) for less.
Old Dec 4th, 2006, 08:25 PM
santharamhari

Jed,

As far as i know, only Singita charges that much (i.e., $1000plus rates PPPN). There are many other value for money options in the private reserves around Kruger for comparable game viewing.......the full range of accomodations can be found in that E-gnu website you are talking about.

Hari

Old Dec 4th, 2006, 10:01 PM

If you find a way to get a discount, please email me ASAP
regards - tom