Search

CC Africa Updates?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CC Africa Updates?

I saw a 2004 thread where everyone raved about tours through CC Africa. Any new thoughts since then about using them?
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 06:55 PM

As a travel agent? or you mean their camps specifically?

I booked my 2006 SA safari(phinda and Exeter) with them....great service from day 1. Infact, what i liked about them...i was dealing with one of their agents (Leigh) and she was superb!
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

as a travel agent. we wil be in SA for meeting in sept 2008 and would like to add 2- 3 weeks and have no where to start
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 08:04 PM

You will get good quality service and lodges with CCAfrica.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 02:47 AM

... but do realize that the CCA properties are some of the most expensive out there. While they can, if pushed, provide lesser cost camps/lodges, just something to be aware.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 05:50 AM

Yep, they are not cheap, however I have worked with them directly and since I am a repeat customer, they have done well by me.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 09:11 AM

Can't fault CCA they are tried and trusted and I like what they stand for, their conservation efforts are also not just window dressing. They are expensive but adleast you know that the service will be 1st class.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 01:40 PM

mytmoss

can you clarify your comment? were you offered a repeat guest discount? if so, what was it? where was the agent located who offered it (which office).

thanks. i'm a big cc fan, but feel a little disadvantaged after reading what you've written.

kerikeri
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 05:40 PM

kerikeri

I contacted CCafrica directly using no travel agent. I cannot say it was a repeat guest discount however traveling as a single, I was able to have the supplement waived because of the minimum number of days I stayed at CCAfrica facilities each stay. If I recall last time, it was at least 5 days. Maybe they do that with travel agents also, I do not know.

You would have to talk to them directly about possibilities. I also travel just at the beginning of low season which helps keep the price down.

I cannot help you more than that as you need to make your own contacts. On my upcoming trip in August, it will be my 3rd time to stay at CCAfrica facilities, this time Exeter Leadwood.

I do feel that I get better service cutting out any middle people. This is not to dis travel agents, I think they provide a wonderful service. Just in this case I now have been able to make my own contacts and go directly to the reserves.

I have discussed reservations at several popular reserves and some of them are quite rigid in their fee structures, others are not. However the more days you stay at the reserve, the more flexible they might become.

Since I prefer not to pack every 2-3 days to see a new reserve, I have decided to spend more time at 2-3 locations. This trip with be 7 days at Lion Sands Ivory Lodge, my favorite location and 5 days at Exeter.

I hope this helps a bit.

Mike
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM

CCA, don't have a single supplement charge...atleast for the SA camps!
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 05:57 PM

They did if you stayed less than 5 days, at least that is what they told me.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 06:30 PM

They do not charge a single supplement on the first 2 singles on each booking. So my Mom and I each have our own rrom at the Crater Lodge.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 07:05 PM

I'm considering spending some time at both Ngala and Forest Lodge next July and I find the information on the website regarding single supplements really confusing.

It says there are no single supplements for the first 2 bookings in any party, so is a party of one exempt from the single charge?

Also, they list a single supplement and I presume that this applies to where more than 2 singles are required in any party.

When I have firm travel dates available I will contact CCA, but can anyone here shed light on this confusing pricing structure.

One more thing, if I go for say 11 nights between 2 properties do I get the long stay discount in addition to not paying the single supplement?

Cheers,

Pol
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 07:37 PM

It's not the first two in a party, it's the first two single rooms booked at the lodge for a given period of time. Don't know how they work out overlapping nights.

And yes, I do believe you get the long term discount if you visit more than one lodge.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 08:01 PM

The long term discount does apply if you are at multiple CCAfrica lodges. Also Phinda Forrest is very nice and if you remember, ask for Walter as you ranger. He is one of the best rangers I have ever had, and I have a lot.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 08:05 PM

Hi

Looking at CCA's website for Kirkman's Kamp, and I would imagine they are similar, but to me it clearly states -

single supplement waived for 1st 2 single rooms on any ONE booking

and

long stay rates of 4 nights or more apply to a multi CCA lodge itinerary.

So which website is someone looking at that they find this confusing, because on that one I felt it was quite clear!
And certainly the way I remembered it from a multi CCA camp booking in July 2006

Kind regards

Kaye
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 08:13 PM

Hi

I have looked at a few of the rates in each country and they all state the same rules, and as a party of one, you should not be charged a single supplement, as I also travelled as a party of one.

Looking at some comments, I do not believe it matters how many nights you stay to get the single supplement waived, as long as no more than two single rooms are booked by your group!

Kind regards

Kaye
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 08:19 PM

I will write to them this evening and see if I can get clarification from my agent at CCAfrica
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 08:35 PM

Thank you so much for all the information you have provided.

Hills that sounds an incredibly complex way to manage bookings, oh well...

Kaye - I looked at Ngala and thought it was clear, but mytmoss statement about having the single supplement waived due to being a return visitor got me wondering.

mytmoss - please don't contact your agent on my account, I will contact CCA directly when I have confirmed dates. I plan to deal with them directly rather than use an agent in Australia.

Apologies if I have caused a storm in a tea cup!

Pol
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 08:39 PM

Hi Pol

No apologies are necessary! And I agree, it does seem quite clear on the internet. I also booked directly through them, with Leigh Bell and she was fantastic, although I honestly cannot say that about my first dealings with CCA, but Leigh was very good. Initially I had booked through a CCA agent in Australia, and that does not work at all, much cleaner to book direct.

Kind regards

Kaye

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -