Search

CC Africa bookings

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 02:24 PM
DJ

CC Africa bookings

Has anyone booked an SA safari to the various game lodges with this company. If so, what was your experience and would you recommend them. There are so many different game reserves and lodges to choose from and I was wondering about this travel outfit and their expertise in helping one make the right choices, etc. Many Thanks.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Selwyn Davidowitz

I have booked numerous visitors through CC Africa and I can only comment favourably about their service. Amongst others I have mostly booked vistors into Phinda and all were very happy with their safari.<BR><BR>I recommend this operation however do remember that they represent some of the very upmarket, PRICEY safari organisers who operate on the SA scene.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 03:39 PM
DJ

Thanks Selwyn,<BR>I will keep the price factor in mind but don't have a problem paying a premium price if the experience &amp; accommodations are worth the cost.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Rocco

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Conservation Corp prohibit its rangers from pursuing animals into the bush???<BR>I had a great time at Singita while my ranger courageously pursued lions, leopards and even elephants into the bush. Then later, while at Matetsi Game Lodge in Zimbabwe, I was a little disappointed when my ranger stated that he was not allowed to pursue game into the bush.<BR>While preparing for my next trip to South Africa, hopefully next March or April, the one question that I am asking my potential brides, errr game reserves, is whether or not they allow the rangers to pursue animals into the bush. It does make a difference and it is not as if they are acting so wrecklessly that they would run one of these animals over.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 08:35 AM
Alan

Just got back from CCAfrica's Kwandwe Game Reserver near Grahamstown. <BR><BR>It is awesome. Great game, great scenery, great staff... 24 guest on 40,000+ acres.<BR><BR>Pricey, but you can save a few $ by getting a package thru www.wildlifeafrica.co.za.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:22 AM
LT

We stayed at Nxabega in Botswana (Aug. 2002). It was wonderful! The tents were luxurious, the food was great and the staff were very friendly. There were certainly no restrictions on where our CCAfrica ranger could drive. Perhaps those restrictions are imposed in lodges that are located near national parks.