Reload this Page >

Car rental J'burg-Kruger Park-Durban

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:17 PM
Marilyn

We are planning to drive this route in July 2003 and would like advise regarding best value car rental and type of vehicle,

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 04:30 AM
Judith Fuller

I just came back and we managed with a NIssan Almera! We needed air conditioning (and I suspect you will to despite the fact that it is winter). Depending upon which game parks you go to, you may want to bear in mind that to get to some of them, you will not be on tarmac roads which can be a little bouncy!<BR><BR>Try 'Budget' - they have a whole range, but car hire is generally cheap in SA.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 03:10 AM
sue

Do a search on google and you will see many car hire companies and then do a comparison. I would suggest you go with a chain in case you have a problem with the car - eg Budget,Avis,Imperial etc- also be sure to take full insurance coverage with no deductable. If you are planning to leave luggage etc in the care at any time, try to get a car with a full boot/trunk not a hatchback as they are very easy to access through through the car itself in event of a break in. I am not sure that you need air conditioning at that time of year. The cost for convenience to drop off at a different location from pick up may vary greatly from company to company.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Karen

I believe it was Imperial that offered a very good discount in a program called South Africa on Wheels. The only catch is that it must be booked from outside South Africa so you would have to book it from home.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Jennifer

We just came back from a similar trip and rented from AVIS. I booked the car from home before we left (based on advice from this forum) and when I checkd while over in SA, we were getting a much better deal than anything they could offer over there.<BR><BR>I also agree that it is imperative that you ask for total insurance coverage with NO deductible.<BR>