Search

Cairo hotel with view

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2021, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cairo hotel with view

Hello,
My first time posting in this forum. We are going to Egypt in October and would like a hotel in Cairo that has a balcony with views of the pyramids.
Does anyone know of a hotel that has this?

Old Mar 31st, 2021, 03:12 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Marriott Mina House is the classic pyramid-view hotel. There are others now in the neighborhood, you can find them by zooming in to Giza on Google maps, but if I stayed near the pyramids it would be there.
Old Mar 31st, 2021, 04:17 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Fairmont Nile City. We could see the pyramids from our room. Our room didn’t have a balcony but they did have them in other rooms. You may want to rethink a balcony as the air is very polluted in Cairo.
Enjoy Egypt, a wonderful barely pre-COVID memory for us.
Old Mar 31st, 2021, 05:37 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MmePerdu
Marriott Mina House is the classic pyramid-view hotel.
I spelled it wrong, it's Mena House.

Old Apr 28th, 2021, 08:24 AM

From Le Méridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa some rooms has perfect view of the pyramids you can see a bigger view from their outdoor pool
Old May 26th, 2021, 05:08 PM

Mena House Highly Recommended

Originally Posted by tammyvig2975
Hello,
My first time posting in this forum. We are going to Egypt in October and would like a hotel in Cairo that has a balcony with views of the pyramids.
Does anyone know of a hotel that has this?
To clarify, the pyramids are in Gina. That might help narrow your hotel search. Also, as mentioned above, Mena House is by far the nicest hotel near the pyramids. Rooms start at US $100 a night but pyramid view rooms are more expensive and worth the extra money. You'll have a balcony or patio with an incredible view just a few hundred feet from the pyramids. Food and drinks add up quickly but get a room with a view. Hope you have a great trip. Hire a guide through the hotel.
Old May 27th, 2021, 08:24 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
tammy,

I would definitely stay at the Mena House. Giza, where it and the pyramids are located, is considered somewhat of a suburb of Cairo. We stayed in central Cairo and I think it took us about 50 - 60 minutes to return to our hotel from Giza (the traffic in Cairo is terrible). Also, if you're interested, the new Egyptian Museum is or will soon be moved from Tahrir Square to Giza which would be another reason to stay there. We stayed at the Ramses Hilton in Cairo and could barely see the pyramids through the thick air.

We loved our two weeks in Egypt and want to go back, specifically to spend more time at the pyramids and to see the Egyptian Museum in its new location. We'll definitely stay at the Mena House the next time.

You might be interested in reading the posts from our blog, www.twoboomersabroad. There are several articles about our Egyptian trip there.

Egypt is amazing - have a great trip!