Search

Burj al Arab

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 03:11 AM
Grant

Burj al Arab

Hi all<BR><BR>Has anyone stayed at the Burj al Arab. If so, how was it? <BR><BR>I am taking my wife there for her birthday - thanks to a special deal on luxurylink.com. Having spent far more than I wanted on getting the hotel, I am concerend about what extra costs await me when we get there. How expensive are the restaurants/bars etc?<BR><BR>Any and all advice welcome.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 09:46 AM
james

I gather it is very ritzy - lots of gold etc, but the food clearly needs a bit of attention - my sister-in-law is currently in hospital in Dubai after serious food poisoning at the Burj al Arab......

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 02:02 AM
Ginger

Lots of my friends have been there for meals and were highly impressed - and yes I too hear it's glitzy.<BR><BR>Only one of my friends has stayed there - it seems the rooms are two level, a lounge downstairs and bedroom above. <BR><BR>Every report says it's pricey but I wouldn't worry too much about that as there are many other hotels in the vicinity. In front you have the Jumeirah Beach and along the beach you have the Meridion, Radisson etc. Most recommendations seem to be for the seafood restaurant (Jumeirah Beach - end of jetty) and also the chinese restaurant in the Meridion. In Dubai itself you can eat at just about any price level you want. <BR><BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 01:51 AM
Anna

The food is OK - overpriced (especially the wines), but that is true anywhere in Dubai. Be prepared for lots of gaudiness!

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 09:13 PM
RJ

been in the rooms and although immaculately done, the decor can make you a bit dizzy...especially after a few drinks.<BR><BR>better call is to stay next door at the jumeriah beach hotel and rent a suite with a huge deck facing the city or the burj. it is a beautiful beach resort that is 200metres from the burj al arab (cement island). you'll enjoy the facilities more and still be able to see/use the burj. other top-end thoughts are the ritz carlton and royal mirage.