best trip africa march

Jan 3rd, 2006, 05:36 PM
Original Poster

best trip africa march

Hi Guys, I was swamped with new year bashes and marriages with a trip to bombay thrown in for the last couple of days, so have been posting very less. One of my very good friend has just got engaged and is getting married 3rd week of february, so dennis I will go to africa in March. Maybe u will keep your record for the earliest return.
Guys i am very interested in lions, leopards and cheetahs. I am keeping my trip open to other countries like botswana, zambia,namibia,etc I donnot even know the names. Where would I see maximum no. of cats?? Does anybody know of any previous posts where the best season/rates to go to the africa parks is given??? Which place would be the best in March??? Sonali.
Jan 3rd, 2006, 07:50 PM

thanks for letting me keep the record sonali! if you decide on Zambia, i'll be there March 10-23, maybe I'll see ya!
Aloha,
Dennis
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:32 AM
bat

sonali:
You can do your same serengeti/NCA trip in March. That is when rocco will be there (early March).
Jan 4th, 2006, 08:25 AM

Maximum number of cats is either Sabi Sand or Moremi, very specifically Mombo for Lions and Leopards. Mombo know has almost ninety lions resident in its area, a huge number.
Jan 4th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Hi, napamatt, what is the best season to go to moremi and botswana?? and is it easy to spot the predators, like it is in serengeti because of savannah?? In moremi,okovango, chobe etc.. which are the best camps with the most expert guides(very imp)and what budget should I be looking at ppp/night, thanks for all the help, bat : since I am coming to africa, I would love to throw in botswana along with serengeti. I am keeping my fingers crossed
Jan 4th, 2006, 03:08 PM
bat

sonali:
Well, if you are going to go to the serengeti AND Botswana you will need a traveling companion in TZ to cut costs. Did you see shedwannabe's post about needing a TC for late Feb? You could leave your friend's wedding reception, head straight for the airport and be in TZ before you know it!
Jan 4th, 2006, 04:09 PM

Great idea, Bat! I'm still looking for a TC to help reduce costs! Serengeti either last week in Feb or first week in March (I can do the walking safari first or second)

Shedwannabe
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

Well, thanks bat, I had not seen shedwannabe's post.
Shedwannabe : Well it would be nice to have a tc on my trip. What are u planning?? I wish to stay in serengeti for around 8 nights. You could join me for as many nights u want. My trip is basically 3 nights ndutu area, 3 nights moru and 2 nights seronera. I love wildlife specially cats and usually leave for game drives at 6:00 am, and do full day game drives somedays.
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:48 PM

I'll email you! However, I am set on camping.... are you?
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:14 PM
bat

A match made in fodor heaven? If it works out I feel compelled to point out that sandi mentioned it first in shedwannabe's thread.
Jan 4th, 2006, 08:51 PM

Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match!!!

Search this Thread