Best side of Dubai - Deira or Bur Dubai

Old Nov 11th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best side of Dubai - Deira or Bur Dubai

Hi, we are going to Dubai for just 1.5 nights (one full day) and are wondering what side of the river to stay on. We would like to see as many sights as we can in the day and wonder if one side would be more convenient to stay on than the other. Does this make sense? Sorry if I've rambled. Any thoughts appreciated.
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 09:19 AM

If you only have 1 full day to spare, stay near the airport in Deira. I’ve traveled to Dubai 30+ times and traffic is always horrific. My favorite hotel near the airport is the Grand Hyatt or the Emirates Towers due to the vicinity, restaurants available, spa, sport facilities, and service.

Where/when are flying in from? What day of the week & time will you arrive in Dubai will depend how much sight seeing you do. Have you traveled to a Middle Eastern country before? If you could narrow down your top 2 choices of your “sight seeing” excursions what do you want to see (city tour, desert, dowel trip, beach, gold souks, shopping, mosque, night life, etc….)? Are you interested in photography people or buildings?

More information would help. Also, there’s plenty of websites on sight seeing tours in UAE; just do a search on googles.

Good luck.

Old Nov 15th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Hi, thanks for that, have just booked at a hotel on the Deira side, decided it was probably better to stay closer to the airport. We have half a night, full day, then full night, so only one full day. Want to see bit of everything - will start off at gold souk on Deira side, then spend most of the time on the Bur Dubai side, also would like to see the beach and have just found out about the Mall of Emirates - just as well it is open until midnight! It is going to be one busy day. Yes, very interested in photograpy, buildings, people, etc. Never been to a middle eastern country before, so looking forward to it.