Back again with more safari questions!

Jul 13th, 2019, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Back again with more safari questions!

I received a lot of good advice from this forum when I first started planning our safari for next year. Now I'm almost ready to sign on. It will probably be either April 15 or May 1. I would like to get opinions on the camps that have been suggested to us. We will stay in 2 or 3 camps, 2 or 3 days each. Thay are: Notten's, Arathusa, and Beyond Ngala, Honeyguide Mantobeni, and Chupungu. They all look good to me so if you can give me any guidance, I would really appreciate it!
Thanks!
Jul 13th, 2019, 12:27 PM

You donít say if &Beyond Ngala is the camp or the lodge. The lodge is the only one we have experience with and that was eight years ago.

We saw the tented camp when out on a game drive . Not the most interesting situation, but closer to the game. The lodge is quite a drive before you see many animals, if thatís a consideration, your time being quite short.
Jul 15th, 2019, 12:43 AM

Hi Pegtrav,

You have named quite a few lodges here and they are all within the same area. Essentially they all border each other between Kruger National Park, Timbavati and the Sabi Sands Reserve. Is the reason you want to go to 2-3 different camps because of availability or due to experiencing different areas of the bush? If I were you, I would spend more time in each camp and maybe do 2 camps. Potentially Notten's or Arathusa which are both based in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve which has some of the best game viewing in the world! And then &Beyond Ngala which is situated in the Timbavati and is a truly magnificent property also with an abundance of game. I hope this helps you clarify things. You just don't want to go to too many properties as you won't be able to really experience each place for what it is plus you end up spending more time in the car transferring between each property and spending money on transfers which you really don't need to do.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Karen.
Jul 15th, 2019, 08:19 AM

Hi Pegtrav!
I would agree with the above and recommend that you stay in 2 places of 3 nights each. It takes a little to feel the vibe of a lodge/camp and you will feel a bit "rushed" I think, especially when it comes to getting to know and enjoying the staff at the lodges!
If you were to split your stay, I'd recommend 1 in Sabi Sand and 1 in Timbavati. AndBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge is one of my favorites, as is their Tented Camp, which is incredible and more intimate but more costly. Either of those would pair very well with Arathusa if I had to pick one.
Happy to discuss further!
Best
Dianne