Avoiding Israel Stamp

Jun 24th, 2000, 11:26 AM
John

Avoiding Israel Stamp

After visiting Israel and Jordan I am headed to UAE, which refuses entry visas for passports with Israel stamps. I'm told that it's possible to enter Israel without having your passport stamped. Does anyone have first hand experience with this? Thanks.

Jun 24th, 2000, 09:20 PM
Lee

Hi John,
I have just received a very informative little booklet from the Israeli Minister of Tourism which I requested via the internet. Go to www.infotour.co.il and you will get lots of tips.
Re your stamp situation, they say "Persons who do not want their passports stamped should inform the official (passport control)accordingly before submitting their documents. Compliance with such requests is at the discretion of the authorities". I know from other friends that they are well aware of the problems with travel between neighbouring Arab countries and will not stamp your passport if you explain where you're going.

Jun 28th, 2000, 10:57 AM
Lisa

We have second two-year passports just for that reason. No luck in not having Israeli's stamp passport....better luck using a clean two-year in other arab countries.

Jun 30th, 2000, 12:03 PM
John

How do you use 2 passports? One for entering and exiting Israel only and the other for all other countries? Thanks.

Jul 3rd, 2000, 10:01 AM
Dick

We just returned from two week trip to Israel and Egypt. The Israel customs person was willing to not stamp our passport but I okayed it anyway. No problem is getting into Egypt with stamped (Israel) passport.

Search this Thread