Anyone used or heard about Receptours?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are the Moroccan company that Isram and some other travel agencies sub out their Morocco tours to. Wondering if anyone has booked directly with them or knows anything of their reputation.

I'd love to cut out the middle man if possible.
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 12:56 PM

Isram is already a discounter/wholesaler.

Haven't hears of Receptours, but if you haven't yet, I'd contacted them for pricing on same offering as Isram. Price may be same, lower or higher.

Should the prices be lower know that Receptours may be offering "value added" something to TA offerings vs to individual direct bookings. Compare apples-to-apples.
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Yes, the same tour with Isram vs. Recep (based on both websites) is about $800 more per person from Isram for the same thing. Well, same thing meaning same itinerary. But I'm wondering if there's anything that makes it worth $800 more such as reliability or whatever the "value added" something might be.

Maybe there's a valid reason to pay extra, just wondering if anyone knows first-hand of the company.

Thanks.
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leslie - the April issue of ITN (www.intltravelnews.com) has a piece by someone who went on an Isram tour of Morocco with a van and driver supplied by RecepTours. She was very pleased with the van and driver.
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks I'll check it out. The down side with them was the cruddy hotels they used. If you do a custom tour with just your own van & driver you could pick the lodging but the cost was pretty crazy.
I'm looking at authentic-morocco to put together something which is just for the 2 of us. Seems a good deal so far.

off-topic: I was looking at your packing list yesterday and was amazed that you can go so light! I bow down to you!
I'm getting ready to pack for 2 weeks and acting like it will kill me to squeeze it all into one suitcase.

Speaking of suitcases - in Morocco would you think using a big duffle (no wheels) which can be carried on our backs would be better than suitcases? Seems like a lot of where we'd be we might not be roller-friendly anyway?
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 01:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why thanks Leslie! (Blush.) I think you just have to be willing to do some hand washing. However, I do need to update the list to include my iPod, my cell phone and my brand-new "baby" computer!!! (The weight is offset some by a much lighter camera and battery charger for same, and no novels.)

I was certainly happy I had my backpack rather than a wheeled case in Morocco - I wouldn't have escaped from the Silsila so easily otherwise! But there were also times when I was walking to my hotel when the backpack was easier. Plus I really like having my hands free - I took my Travelpro (left over from my business travel days) to Washington last year, and found having to tow it to be really aggravating after the freedom of a backpack.

But, I would recommend a proper backpack with two good shoulder straps and a hip belt that takes most of the weight, rather than something with only one shoulder strap or no hip belt.
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

All duly noted.
Very true about being able to beat a hasty retreat. Trying to imagine the average tourist with 2 or 3 big suitcases & other handbags getting anywhere in a hurry.