Search

ruaha pics posted on ofoto

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ruaha pics posted on ofoto

hello, i put up some of the game walk pics from sept. if you have a min. your welcome to take a look.
cheers, david
ps, too bad though. i also have much video.
pss, i hope this link works.
http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.js...p;sort_order=0
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 04:00 AM

tuskerdave - link does not seem to work. Here's the msg from ofoto when I pasted the link:

Album Not Found

The link you are using is no longer valid. If this link was sent to you in an email and you would like to view the photos, you will need to contact the album owner and have them share the album using Ofoto's share feature.

If the link was to your own album and you would like to link your album from a personal web site or create a custom email message, please follow these instructions:

Share the album with yourself, from the "Share Photos" tab, with your own email address in the "To" field.
After you receive the share email, copy the URL, or web address, included at the bottom of the email.
This web address can be sent to friends or family with a custom email message, or you can use it to add to your personal web site.
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

ok, i will try that. some how, i had a feeling : (
thanks, david
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

hello again, is this the right link? when you can could you let me know? then i will re-post here.
thanks, david

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=zhfie7a...0&y=60j5vq
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 06:16 AM

Hey Dave- Now those are good photos! Link works just fine. For some reason I cannot use your own site, it just doesn't work for me. But this is the best I've seen of yours and shows how beautiful Ruaha is. Its pretty rugged but it surely is pretty and more like 'old Africa'. Liz
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 06:40 AM

Dave,

Thanks for the link. This brings back great memories for me. Ruaha is still my favourite place (S Luangwa has a lot to beat! 4 weeks to go
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

liz hello, you think thats the best of mine? i really don't think much of these. the video is pretty cool though. any way, don't know if you have seen the handful of the lion pics in there. i have so many. from all over the parks i've been. you can try this also. i will try to load more ruaha soon.
thanks, david
http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=zhfie7a...&y=-uncmdv
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 08:55 AM

Dave-
I wasn't saying those were the best photos I have ever seen, they were the first of yours I could enjoy. Plus they were very nice.
I am very sorry to have to say this, but I personally do not care for the composite photos you post. I just don't like seeing photos displayed that way. A corner with an animal in it doesn't register with me. I like the full scene and surrounding brush, etc. and I spend a minute taking it all in. I guess in a sense I am there and it isn't just the animal. The composites get jumbled up and I don't appreciate them. Sorry, do which ever you like, but I'm just saying I don't enjoy them as I did the solo ones. I looked at this last link and I really liked the last few, but I just skipped through the mixed up ones.
Gosh I don't want to hurt your feelings, but that is how I look at the albums posted. Liz
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 09:33 AM

Dave, thanks for sharing the Ruaha pics. It's a destination that's on my wishlist thanks to what I have read from you and others here at Fodors.
I have to agree with Liz that the collage photos don't work for me - I find them somewhat confusing. But then again, life would be boring if we all had the same taste and I am one of those who doesn't get much that is called modern art.
The key thing is that the images appeal to you and serve as a wonderful reminder of your trips!
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

hey no problem, there are two reasons why i did that. being a libra, i tend to like to be creative. sometimes thats how i work. the other reason, on the vt site. you can't put in all those shots. thats what got me going on the collages. thats what i have already in my computer. so thats what i put in ofoto.
i do like them. just like i enjoy mixing ice cream flavors, cereals, even paint. thats just me.
i'll see what i can do.
i must be getting old. i didn't get all
uptight about the input,lol.
hakuna matata, david