Search

Air Tanzania

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Tanzania

My husband, three friends, and myself are taking Air Tanzania in January 2007 to fly from Johannesburg to Kilimanjaro and then back again to Johannesburg. The tickets were purchased through a travel agent, but I may need to reconfirm the flights when we arrive in Johannesburg next week. Has anyone been able to contact Air Tanzania directly? Has anyone flown Air Tanzania?
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 10:04 AM

We took numerous flights on Åir Tanzania last summer. THe planes were on time and fairly decent meals were served.We never talked to them directly,but went through S.A.A.You also might ask at your hotel for help in reaching them directly.I hope this helps. I would definitely fly with them again.
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 02:36 PM

I flew on Air Tanzania from Entebbe to Zanzibar in mid-October, 2006, and from Lusaka to Dar es Salaam in November. The first flight was on time, but the second was delayed in leaving Lusaka by four hours because two tires blew out as it arrived from Dar. There was only one spare at the Lusaka airport; another had to come on a flight from South Africa. Airline personnel took some time in handling the situation. They were fairly forthright in informing us passengers of the circumstances and ultimately they brought out sandwiches and soft drinks for us. Service and meals aboard the flights are run of the mill. I would not hesitate to use this airline again. I cannot help you with the problem of contacting it. ZZ
Old Dec 20th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Thank you mflickermd and Zambezi for sharing your personal experiences. I feel better knowing that you would both fly with them again. I was able to reconfirm our flights by sending an email to their Johannesburg office at [email protected].
Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 05:33 PM

Flew Kili to JNB in early November. No problems with airline. There was a fuel spill at JNB (3rd this year) that delayed things but they kept us informed.