Africa Geographic Magazine

Mar 9th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Africa Geographic Magazine

Someone mentioned this in a post, so I went to look it up. A yearly subscription is $85!!!

No offense but that is a ton of cash for a magazine! I know a lot of the issue is that it is air mailed from South Africa. I would like any thoughts on the magazine from any regular readers.

I do subscribe to a quarterly called Travel Africa Magazine, which I think is really good (No I'm not getting any kickback.)

Any other recommendations on Africa related magazines?
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:42 AM

I get this magazine and thought it was a lot, but the photography is fantastic and they cover areas that are not on the tourist routes or in other travel magazines. I plan to return to Africa many times and use the Africa Geographic issues as a reference guide. I save each beautiful issue.
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:47 AM

Hello,

I enjoy both Travel Africa and Africa Geographic. Africa Geographic tends to have more 'general interest' rather than travel-specific articles.

You might want to check if your local megabookstore (Borders/Barnes and Noble) carries it. I get my issues from my local Borders. It's not as convenient, but it's also less financially painful. If you tell them you want it regularly, they can set an issue aside for you (there usually aren't that many copies of foreign magazines).

Cheers,
Julian
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:46 PM
santharamhari

I love Africa geographic. Of late, they have been having a section towards teh back of the magazine mentioning special places/camps. Very interesting.

They hv great wildlife articles....some very good writers too. I recommend it.

Mar 10th, 2006, 01:12 AM

I own every single issue of Travel Africa and LOVE it.

I also really really like Africa Geographic which has a very different slant - it's much more about conservation, research, education on species and their behaviours...

TA is about travelling to Africa.

They complement each other very well.
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:18 AM

Love Africa Geographic, though it can depress you a little from time to time.

Search this Thread