Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Olympic Countess out of Durben 13th April ????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had booked 2 of us out of Durban 13th April paid deposit, haven't returned my emails from company, have heard they have gone broke, anyone in same situation. From Australia and have had trip linked to world trip re times etc.
H E L P [email protected]
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 02:11 AM

I don't know how much this can help but just to clarify ...

The company who own the ship "Olympic Countess" is apparently in financial difficulty. The ship was impounded in Durban on a US (I think) court order as security against outstanding debts. It's important to make a distinction between the owners and the tour operators who effectively "hire out" the ship for a cruise. Based on all news reports the tour operator (Star-something cruises I believe) has refunded all passengers affected.

Don't know who you've been trying to contact without success - if it was the owners then I'm not very surprised. If it is the cruise operators then post the name here and us locals can try to rummage up a telephone number for you.
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply
The contact was Zaneta Laini
at - [email protected]
not sure if you can help but we had depended a lot on this trip as it was planned to coincide with all our other flights etc. Now in a unknown position of what to do for 22 days and losing our deposit????. My partner is returning to see S A after 21 years, has a terminal disease and it was very unfortunate, but that's life. Many thanks for your Time... Alan
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Original Poster

Just had a reply ftom Zaneta Laini and they have refunded our deposit, good to see some professional people around.
Do you have any info on Egypt and any Nile trips, we have to fill in 22 days??? from around 14th April Thanks again.
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 08:31 AM

>>>>>>Do you have any info on Egypt and any Nile trips, we have to fill in 22 days??? from around 14th April<<<<<

Hello Alan,

If you post this question under a new title, it may have a better chance of attracting posters with the appropriate knowledge.

Hope you have a great trip.