Adventures Abroad info

Jun 19th, 1998, 06:20 PM
Marg

Adventures Abroad info

We're thinking of taking a tour to either Egypt or Turkey through Adventures Abroad, based in Richmond, BC (Canada). Anyone taken their tours; how are they?

Aug 3rd, 1998, 01:26 PM
Rae

Have not yet traveled with AA but will go to Greece-Turkey in Sept. Did talk to someone who had taken that trip - they raved about it.

Aug 23rd, 2011, 10:49 AM

Egypt is a country beyond my greatest expectations. From Alexandria to Abu Simbel there is an unbelievable number of amazing sites to visit. Riding a donkey up the mountain to visit the Valley of the Kings was something I never thought I would do in this lifetime. The new Library (Bibliotheca) at Alexandria is a work of art in itself.

Our Adventures Abroad guide, Rob Kruse, was always most helpful with our needs and information on all aspects of the country. The local guide, Reham, for Cairo and Alexandria gave us the history and details of those areas. She was such a delight. I find that traveling with a
company that takes care of all the details makes for an enjoyable tour.
Aug 24th, 2011, 02:21 AM

13 year old thread. First-time poster extolling the virtues of a tour company!
Aug 24th, 2011, 10:01 AM

Hi Adrienne,
I used the search box to find discussions about Adventures Abroad and looked for any conversations relating to any of the destinations I've visited with them--namely Slovenia & Croatia, Egypt, Ireland and Cuba. Egypt was the only one that came up with a result. Yes I am a first-time contributor and, as you say, this is an old thread, but I'm sure if my first contribution was to start a new discussion on any of the other AA tours I've been on in the past (ie. where no previous discussion on AA tours to those destinations existed), someone would probably have assumed much the same as you do. And I wouldn't blame them. I do take your point, but there's a dearth of information about AA on the internet and I find that a real shame...not so much for the company, but for travellers whose tour ends up being cancelled due to lack of numbers (that includes me). Hope that clarifies a bit.
Regards,
Lorraine.