- Wild Rivers Fantastic rapids and gorges make Colca Canyon and Cotahuasi Canyon the region's best-known kayaking, rafting, and hiking spots.
- Folk Fiestas Whether it's the Virgen del Candelaria festival in Puno, Arequipa's annual anniversary, or Semana Santa in Chivay, Peru's culture is celebrated with more than 300 festive folkloric dances featuring brightly colored costumes.
- Wildlife Llamas, vicuñas, and alpacas roam the Reserva Nacional Salinas y Aguada Blanca, giant Andean condors soar above Colca Canyon, and rare bird species nest at Lake Titicaca and in other highland lakes.
- Shopping Along with Arequipa's alpaca stores, this region is also a mine of yarn, leather products, guitars, and antiques.
- Lake Titicaca The birthplace of the sun is a magical sight, as are the floating Uros islands made of totora reeds.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More