- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Quito Restaurant Reviews
Quito's better restaurants are found in the New City. Even at the most glittering establishments, formal attire is never a requirement, but you'll feel out of place in shorts, T-shirts, and jeans, except at places such as The Magic Bean, that consummate foreigners' hangout. Many restaurants close for a break between 3 and 7, and on Sunday some remain shuttered or close early. Some useful phrases are: a la brasa (grilled), al vapor (steamed), apanada (batter-fried/breaded), brosterizada (deep fried), encocado (cooked in coconut oil), hornado (roasted), reventado (skillet fried), and seco (stewed meat).
Browse Quito Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's