- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The annual Tapati Rapa Nui festival, a two-week celebration of the island's heritage, takes place every year in the first two weeks of February. The normally laid-back Hanga Roa bursts to life in a colorful festival that includes much singing and dancing. The Día de la Lengua (Language Day), which usually takes place toward the end of November, celebrates the Rapa Nui language.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe