- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Southeastern Circuit
Most of the archaeological sites on the island line the southeastern coast. Driving along the coast you'll pass many ahus, all of them completely untouched. Busloads of tourists hurry past most of these on their way to Rano Raraku, the quarry where around 400 moai wait in stony silence, and Ahu Tongariki, where 15 moai stand in line.
The Southeastern Circuit at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's