- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Desert Wind Winery
Desert Wind Winery Review
With an expansive tasting room housed in an elegant Southwestern-style building featuring a vast patio overlooking the Yakima River, Desert Wind is one of the highlights of any wine tour in the Valley. Tasters will delight in sémillon, barbera, ruah, viognier, and various other unique wine selections. Just off I-82, the winery also includes Mojave by Picazo, a small restaurant (open Wednesday-Saturday), and a gift shop with Yakima Valley food products and gift items. Also available on the second floor are four luxury guest suites, $225-$300 per night depending on season and room size.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $131-$178 -- Seattle: Hilton Hotel w/City Views, Save 55% Expedia
- $179-$189 -- 4-Star Seattle Hotel over July Fourth Week Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $19.99 per day -- Rent a Chevrolet Cruze in Seattle Sixt Rent a Car
- $176-$204 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel Through Summer — $176-$204 Holiday Inn Seattle
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
...and help me fill in details.
Sat: 2PM drive from Seattle airport to Red Lion, Port Angeles
Sun: morning - Sol Duc Falls; afternoon - Hurricane Ridge
Mon: morning - rafting on Hoh; afternoon - beaches Read more