- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Seattle Convention and Visitors Bureau is really pulling out all the stops these days. Not only has the office put together a freakishly helpful and comprehensive website but has even rebranded the visitor center as the "Citywide Concierge Center." The main office in the Washington State Trade and Convention Center on Pike Street (between 7th and 8th avenues), can help you plan all aspects of your trip from securing events tickets to making accommodations and restaurant reservations to arranging ground transportation and other services. The staff is set up to accept drop-ins (open weekdays 9 to 5 year-round and daily in the summer), and you can also contact the office before your trip with questions and requests. A second information location is at 1st and Pike, open daily from 10 to 6. This office isn't as full-service as the 7th and Pike center, but the staff will be able to answer many questions, offer suggestions, and load you up with maps and brochures.
If you're planning a side trip out of the city, call Washington State Tourism; you can request brochures or speak with a travel planner weekdays from 8 to 5 PST (closed on major holidays).
Seattle Convention and Visitors Bureau (866/732-2695 visitor information; 206/461-5800 main office. www.visitseattle.org.)
Washington State Tourism (866/964–8913. www.experiencewa.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's