- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Built for the 1962 World's Fair, the country's first full-scale commercial monorail is a quick, convenient link for tourists, though it travels an extremely short route between the Seattle Center and Downtown's Westlake Mall, located at 4th Avenue and Pike Street. Most travelers could walk the 1-mile route without much of a struggle, but the monorail is nostalgic, retro fun. Making the journey in just 2 minutes, the monorail departs both points every 10 minutes. Monday through Friday the monorail runs 7:30 am to 11 pm; Saturday and Sunday it runs 8:30 am to 11 pm; it's closed Thanksgiving and Christmas day. The round-trip fare is $4.50; youth and senior citizens receive a discount and children age 4 and under ride free.
Seattle Center Monorail (206/905-2620. www.seattlemonorail.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's