Dining Room at Sun Mountain Lodge
Dining Room at Sun Mountain Lodge Review
In a sylvan hilltop setting overlooking the Methow Valley, intimate tables and a woodsy interior design set the scene for an extraordinary dining experience. The upscale Pacific Northwest cuisine is based on often-organic, locally grown, raised, caught, and crafted ingredients, providing for exquisite flavors to match the artful presentation and elegant yet unpretentious atmosphere. Delicacies include chicken curry soup, melt-in-your-mouth pork chops, eggplant gateaux, and beef tenderloin with foie gras and potato tart. The dessert menu has many tempting choices, including a duo of vanilla and mocha brûlée, individual apple pie with house-made vanilla bean ice cream, and Chocolate Fantasy—a quintet of chocolate delights. The 5,000-bottle wine cellar is one of the best and most extensive in the region.
- Address: 604 Patterson Lake Rd., Winthrop, WA 98862
- Phone: 509/996–2211 Ext. 707
- Website: www.sunmountainlodge.com/dining
- Location: Winthrop
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.–Thurs. in winter and spring; closed late-Oct.–early Dec. and Mar.–early Apr. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more