Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Dining Room at Sun Mountain Lodge
Dining Room at Sun Mountain Lodge Review
In a sylvan hilltop setting overlooking the Methow Valley, intimate tables and a woodsy interior design set the scene for an extraordinary dining experience. The upscale Pacific Northwest cuisine is based on often-organic, locally grown, raised, caught, and crafted ingredients, providing for exquisite flavors to match the artful presentation and elegant yet unpretentious atmosphere. Delicacies include chicken curry soup, melt-in-your-mouth pork chops, eggplant gateaux, and beef tenderloin with foie gras and potato tart. The dessert menu has many tempting choices, including a duo of vanilla and mocha brûlée, individual apple pie with house-made vanilla bean ice cream, and Chocolate Fantasy—a quintet of chocolate delights. The 5,000-bottle wine cellar is one of the best and most extensive in the region.
- Address: 604 Patterson Lake Rd., Winthrop, WA 98862
- Phone: 509/996–2211 Ext. 707
- Website: www.sunmountainlodge.com/dining
- Location: Winthrop
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.–Thurs. in winter and spring; closed late-Oct.–early Dec. and Mar.–early Apr. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
I am an Australian travelling to the West Coast for 4 weeks. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more