- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Amtrak trains stop in Williamsburg between Newport News and Richmond, Washington, D.C., and stations to the north. There are two trains daily in each direction. At Newport News, passengers ticketed to Norfolk or Virginia Beach board a chartered bus at the station. The Williamsburg station is centrally located, sharing a building with the bus station. Service south of Richmond is slow, even for Amtrak. At Fredericksburg, Amtrak meets the Virginia Railway Express, which is cheaper, but only operates on workdays.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's