- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Greyhound Lines typically has about six daily departures from Newport News, Hampton, Virginia Beach, and Williamsburg; Norfolk has a dozen or more; and Suffolk has two per day. Connections with the north require a transfer at Richmond, with no guarantee of a seat on the connecting bus. On the other hand, Hampton Roads Transit is everything you'd want in an integrated regional transit system, covering the cities of Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Virginia Beach, including the paddle-wheel ferry between Norfolk's Waterside and the Portsmouth waterfront and the "Wave" trolleys in Virginia Beach; the buses have bike racks. Bus fares are $1.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe