- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Philadelphia once got a bad rap for a high crime rate, but since Mayor Michael Nutter took office in 2008 overall violent crime has dropped significantly. And it's worth noting that the majority of these crimes occur outside Center City—specifically a few downtrodden pockets of West, North, and Southwest Philadelphia. As in any major city, visitors should always exercise caution and be aware of their surroundings.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe