In the Old Edwards Inn, Madison's is Highlands' most upscale restaurant. The dining room is gorgeous, light, and sunny, with windows overlooking Highland's Main Street. The restaurant adheres to a farm-to-table philosophy as much as possible. Try the seared mountain trout with local potatoes and celery root slaw. Save room for one of the excellent desserts, such as a peach crisp or strawberry shortcake with white chocolate mousse and a citrus sorbet. Adjacent to Madison's, the Wine Garden is an outdoor café serving a casual lunch menu of sandwiches, salads, and wines by the glass.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's