- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
North Carolina Zoo
North Carolina Zoo Review
The over 2,200-acre zoo, home to more than 1,100 animals from more than 250 species and with more than 5 mi of walking trails, was the first zoo in the country designed from the get-go as a natural-habitat facility. The park includes the 300-acre African Region, which features the Watani Grasslands elephant exhibit, a 200-acre North American Region with polar bears and grizzlies, and an interactive kids zone. This is a massive park, so take advantage of the tram that connects the various areas.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Needing to see some spring flowers and warmer weather, we headed to North Carolina last week to check out Bryson City, Cherokee and do some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We stayed at the Hampto Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
If you plan to visit Asheville on a weekend this spring, better book your hotel or B&B room ahead. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more