- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Fort William Henry Museum
Fort William Henry Museum Review
The "fort" here is actually a reconstruction of the 1755 original, which was built by the British, used in the French and Indian War, and written about in James Fenimore Cooper's The Last of the Mohicans. The complex encompasses barracks, dungeons, and an example of an Iroquois longhouse, as well as artifacts recovered from the original fort site, which is nearby. Tours, led by guides dressed in 18th-century military garb, start on the hour; demonstrations include the firing of muskets and cannons. Ghost tours of the museum and Lake George are also available on Friday and Saturday nights ($14.95).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Hi! Read more