- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Gotham Hotel
At a Glance
- welcoming staff
- central location
- every room has a balcony
- no on-site gym
Check Rates from our Partners
The Gotham Hotel Review
This sleek hotel has a lot going for it, but a clincher is the fact that every room has an outdoor space. Eschewing the conventional check-in and lobby, a clipboard-wielding Gotham attendant greets you in the spare, clean lobby with a beverage and a personal check-in. There are no more than four rooms per floor, allowing families and larger parties to take over entire floors if desired. Upper floors have only two rooms per floor, both with terrific east- and westward views. Rooms themselves are large—all are at least 300 square feet—and feature funky vintage books, king-size beds, and gorgeous tiled bathrooms with dual showerheads and C. O. Bigelow bath products. First-floor eatery Tenpenny is designed with library touches, and a rooftop bar and lounge features expansive city views.
- Address: 16 E. 46 St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 212/490–8500
- Website: www.thegothamhotelny.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M to 47th - 50th Sts./Rockefeller Center.
- Location: Midtown East
- 66 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more