- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Gotham Hotel
At a Glance
- welcoming staff
- central location
- every room has a balcony
- no on-site gym
Check Rates from our Partners
The Gotham Hotel Review
This sleek hotel has a lot going for it, but a clincher for some is the fact that every room has an outdoor space. Eschewing the conventional check-in and lobby, a clipboard-wielding Gotham attendant greets you in the spare, clean lobby with a beverage and a personal check-in. There are no more than four rooms per floor, allowing families and larger parties to take over entire floors if desired. Upper floors have only two rooms per floor, both with terrific east- and westward views. Rooms themselves are large—all are at least 300 square feet—and feature funky vintage books, king-size beds, and gorgeous tiled bathrooms with dual showerheads and C. O. Bigelow bath products. First-floor eatery Tenpenny is designed with library touches, and a rooftop bar and lounge features expansive city views.
- Address: 16 E. 46 St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 212/490–8500
- Website: www.thegothamhotelny.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M to 47th - 50th Sts./Rockefeller Center.
- Location: Midtown East
- 66 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more