- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The W New York Downtown
At a Glance
- near popular tourist attractions
- restaurant offers some surprisingly affordable fare
- modern workout room
- scaffolding-dense neighborhood
- construction of World Trade Center nearby
- partially obstructed views
- not family-friendly
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The W New York Downtown Review
In the heart of the Financial District, this W outpost juxtaposes the gritty feel of the Financial District with sleek surfaces. The glassy black-box entrance abandons the typical notion of "hotel welcome" and visitors must take the elevator up to the fifth floor to reach the front desk. Guest rooms have a minimalist appeal, and all of the Italian-crafted furniture has been custom built into the walls—the only movable piece of furniture is the chair. The Living Room bar and tapas area hosts live DJ events where you can find a unique mix of Wall Street bankers, European tourists, and downtown hipsters shaking it on the black granite dance floor. BLT Bar & Grill on the first and second floors of the hotel also handles in-room dining.
- Address: 123 Washington St., at Albany St., Financial District, New York, NY, 10006 | Map It
- Phone: 646/826-8600
- Website: www.starwoodhotels.com
- Subway: 1, N, R to Rector St.
- Location: Financial District
- 214 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $191-$239 -- Midtown Manhattan Hotel incl. Fourth of July Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
www.reallifeegypt.com We can offer you private, more personal tours in Luxor, Cairo and Aswan with you own guide and air-con transport. We specialise in providing tours for couples and small, family groups Read more
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
An acquaintance of mine will travel during the summer, from Hungary to the U.S., will land at JFK and from there will have to get to Tarrytown. This is the plan I provided with her, as the shortest, easiest, Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines. ... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more