- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The W New York Downtown
At a Glance
- near popular tourist attractions
- restaurant offers some surprisingly affordable fare
- modern workout room
- scaffolding-dense neighborhood
- construction of World Trade Center nearby
- partially obstructed views
- not family-friendly
Check Rates from our Partners
The W New York Downtown Review
In the heart of the Financial District, this W outpost juxtaposes the gritty feel of the Financial District with sleek surfaces. The glassy black-box entrance abandons the typical notion of "hotel welcome" and visitors must take the elevator up to the fifth floor to reach the front desk. Guest rooms have a minimalist appeal, and all of the Italian-crafted furniture has been custom built into the walls—the only movable piece of furniture is the chair. The Living Room bar and tapas area hosts live DJ events where you can find a unique mix of Wall Street bankers, European tourists, and downtown hipsters shaking it on the black granite dance floor. BLT Bar & Grill on the first and second floors of the hotel also handles in-room dining.
- Address: 123 Washington St., at Albany St. Financial District, New York, NY 10006 | Map It
- Phone: 646/826–8600
- Website: www.starwoodhotels.com
- Subway: 1, N, R to Rector St.
- Location: Financial District
- 214 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
Heading up to NY next month just a month off of knee surgery. Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more