- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The W New York Downtown
At a Glance
- near popular tourist attractions
- restaurant offers some surprisingly affordable fare
- modern workout room
- scaffolding-dense neighborhood
- construction of World Trade Center nearby
- not family-friendly
Check Rates from our Partners
The W New York Downtown Review
In the heart of the Financial District, this W outpost juxtaposes the gritty feel of the Financial District with sleek surfaces. The glassy black-box entrance abandons the typical notion of "hotel welcome" and visitors must take the elevator up to the fifth floor to reach the front desk. Guest rooms have a minimalist appeal, and all of the Italian-crafted furniture has been custom built into the walls—the only movable piece of furniture is the chair. The Living Room bar and tapas area hosts live DJ events where you can find a unique mix of Wall Street bankers, European tourists, and downtown hipsters shaking it on the black granite dance floor.
- Address: 123 Washington St., at Albany St. Financial District, New York, NY 10006 | Map It
- Phone: 646/826–8600
- Website: www.starwoodhotels.com
- Subway: 1, N, R to Rector St.
- Location: Financial District
- 214 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more