- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The W New York Downtown
At a Glance
- near popular tourist attractions
- restaurant offers some surprisingly affordable fare
- modern workout room
- scaffolding-dense neighborhood
- construction of World Trade Center nearby
- not family-friendly
Check Rates from our Partners
The W New York Downtown Review
In the heart of the Financial District, this W outpost juxtaposes the gritty feel of the Financial District with sleek surfaces. The glassy black-box entrance abandons the typical notion of "hotel welcome" and visitors must take the elevator up to the fifth floor to reach the front desk. Guest rooms have a minimalist appeal, and all of the Italian-crafted furniture has been custom built into the walls—the only movable piece of furniture is the chair. The Living Room bar and tapas area hosts live DJ events where you can find a unique mix of Wall Street bankers, European tourists, and downtown hipsters shaking it on the black granite dance floor.
- Address: 123 Washington St., at Albany St. Financial District, New York, NY 10006 | Map It
- Phone: 646/826–8600
- Website: www.starwoodhotels.com
- Subway: 1, N, R to Rector St.
- Location: Financial District
- 214 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more