- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Check Rates from our Partners
New York Palace Review
From the moment you enter the gilded gates of these connected mansions, originally built in the 1880s by railroad baron Henry Villard, you know you're somewhere special; there's a reason this is called the Palace. An 18-month renovation completed in late 2013 modernized this landmark property. Chic, inviting rooms are decorated in soft grays and blues. The expansive lobby with sweeping staircases and arched colonnades remains, as do rooms in the towers, a section of the hotel occupying floors 41 to 54 with particularly luxe rooms and suites (there's separate check-in, more attentive service, and a dedicated concierge). Many of the guest rooms, as well as the 7,000-square-foot health club, have terrific views of St. Patrick's Cathedral.
If ever there was a dream-come-true wedding destination, this is it. The lobby, with its sweeping staircases, golden chandeliers, and arched colonnades, and the gorgeous courtyard, with its 15th-century Italian-style motifs, is what Manhattan sophistication is all about. The ballroom is a luxurious locale for a fête; for a small affair, triplex suites have private rooftops and views of Rockefeller Center.
- Address: 455 Madison Ave., at E. 50th St. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/888–7000; 800/697–2522
- Website: www.newyorkpalace.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington–3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 822 rooms, 87 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Hi We're visiting New York from Australia for the first time in June 2014 and we need advice as to where to stay. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more