- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Check Rates from our Partners
New York Palace Review
From the moment you enter the gilded gates of these connected mansions, originally built in the 1880s by railroad baron Henry Villard, you know you're somewhere special; there's a reason this is called the Palace. An expansive lobby with sweeping staircases, golden chandeliers, and arched colonnades gives way to standard rooms in the main section of the hotel that are nice enough, but ask instead for a room in the tower: either modern or classic, depending on the floor, they have more luxe decor and bathrooms, separate check-in, and more attentive service, with a dedicated concierge and a butler. Many of the guest rooms, as well as the 7,000-square-foot health club, have terrific views of St. Patrick's Cathedral.
If ever there was a dream-come-true wedding destination, this is it. The lobby, with its sweeping staircases, golden chandeliers, and arched colonnades, and the gorgeous courtyard, with its 15th-century Italian-style motifs, is what Manhattan sophistication is all about. The ballroom is a luxurious locale for a fête; for a small affair, triplex suites have private rooftops and views of Rockefeller Center.
- Address: 455 Madison Ave., at E. 50th St.Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/888-7000; 800/697-2522
- Website: www.newyorkpalace.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington--3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 811 rooms, 88 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $298-$335 -- NYC: Weekends at Stylish Midtown Hotel, 20% Off Sofitel New York
- $179 & up -- NYC Marriott Hotels thru August, 35% Off Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $15.78 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $48.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
- $204-$228 -- NYC: Daily at 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 45% Off — $204-$228 InterContinental New York Barclay
A little history
Back in the day, (I say that because I’d rather not think of just how long it’s been) I was going to New York regularly for work. Read more
Warning - this is pretty long!
My sister (60, from Rhode Island) and I (56, from Florida) decided it would be fun to spend Memorial Day weekend in New York City, specifically in Manhattan. She had bee Read more
Me and my wife are planning to visit USA on August, and trying to build 8 days round trip from NY by car that will include Niagra Falls and Toronto.
We are looking for a nice combination o Read more
· News & Features
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more