- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- excellent restaurant and bar
- historic property
- spacious suites
- some rooms could use a refresh
- no a/c in the hallways
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
This grande dame was built by William Randolph Hearst in 1926 for his mistress, Hollywood actress Marion Davies, and it's hosted many from Tinseltown since then including Cary Grant in the Presidential Suite for 12 years. Some of the higher-floor suites have terraces overlooking 6th Avenue. The standard rooms are a bit tired, however, and some come with "New York-y" views of an airshaft. The premier rooms are a better choice, with fresh decor including tufted headboards, marble bathrooms, and a generous work space. The Murals on 54 restaurant, which takes up a big portion of the ground floor, serves Italian-influenced American fare under the gaze of 1930s-era murals—try to spot the "obscene" additions that the artist inserted after a disagreement with Hearst. Randolph's Bar continues to be busy late into the evening.
- Address: 65 W. 54th St., at 6th Ave., Midtown West, New York, NY, 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/247-2700; 800/223-4099
- Website: www.warwickhotelny.com
- Subway: E, M to 57th St.; N, Q, R, W to 57th St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 359 rooms, 67 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $191-$239 -- Midtown Manhattan Hotel incl. Fourth of July Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
www.reallifeegypt.com We can offer you private, more personal tours in Luxor, Cairo and Aswan with you own guide and air-con transport. We specialise in providing tours for couples and small, family groups Read more
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
An acquaintance of mine will travel during the summer, from Hungary to the U.S., will land at JFK and from there will have to get to Tarrytown. This is the plan I provided with her, as the shortest, easiest, Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines. ... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more