- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- excellent restaurant and bar
- historic property
- spacious suites
- some rooms could use a refresh
- no a/c in the hallways
Check Rates from our Partners
This grande dame was built by William Randolph Hearst in 1926 for his mistress, Hollywood actress Marion Davies, and it's hosted many from Tinseltown since then including Cary Grant in the Presidential Suite for 12 years. Some of the higher-floor suites have terraces overlooking 6th Avenue. The standard rooms are a bit tired, however, and some come with "New York-y" views of an airshaft. The premier rooms are a better choice, with fresh decor including tufted headboards, marble bathrooms, and a generous work space. The Murals on 54 restaurant, which takes up a big portion of the ground floor, serves Italian-influenced American fare under the gaze of 1930s-era murals—try to spot the "obscene" additions that the artist inserted after a disagreement with Hearst. Randolph's Bar continues to be busy late into the evening.
- Address: 65 W. 54th St., at 6th Ave. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/247–2700; 800/223–4099
- Website: www.warwickhotelny.com
- Subway: E, M to 57th St.; N, Q, R, W to 57th St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 359 rooms, 67 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
I know ultimately, it's up to me, but I want some insight from people in other states! Read more
· News & Features
The week after Thanksgiving means it's time to kick your planning mode into high gear. ... Read more
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more