- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- excellent restaurant and bar
- historic property
- spacious suites
- some rooms could use a refresh
- no a/c in the hallways
Check Rates from our Partners
This grande dame was built by William Randolph Hearst in 1926 for his mistress, Hollywood actress Marion Davies, and it's hosted many from Tinseltown since then including Cary Grant in the Presidential Suite for 12 years. Some of the higher-floor suites have terraces overlooking 6th Avenue. The standard rooms are a bit tired, however, and some come with "New York-y" views of an airshaft. The premier rooms are a better choice, with fresh decor including tufted headboards, marble bathrooms, and a generous work space. The Murals on 54 restaurant, which takes up a big portion of the ground floor, serves Italian-influenced American fare under the gaze of 1930s-era murals—try to spot the "obscene" additions that the artist inserted after a disagreement with Hearst. Randolph's Bar continues to be busy late into the evening.
- Address: 65 W. 54th St., at 6th Ave. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/247–2700; 800/223–4099
- Website: www.warwickhotelny.com
- Subway: E, M to 57th St.; N, Q, R, W to 57th St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 359 rooms, 67 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more