- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
White Lake State Park & Campground. The 72-acre stand of native pitch pine here is a National Natural Landmark. The park has hiking trails, a sandy beach, trout fishing, canoe rentals, two camping areas, a picnic area, and swimming. 1632 White Mountain Hwy., Tamworth, NH, 03886. 603/323-7350. www.nhstateparks.org. $4. Late May-mid-June, weekends dawn-dusk; mid-June-early Sept., daily dawn-dusk.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line