- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino
At a Glance
- Mecca for poker fans, large rooms, festive atmosphere
- just off-Strip enough to be inconvenient
- terrible house advantage for gaming
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino Review
In Brazil, Rio is party central, and in Las Vegas so is this sprawling resort just west of the Strip. The standard so-called suites don't actually have separate bedrooms, but they're spacious (at least 600 square feet), and higher-end units have double whirlpool tubs, wet bars, and other cushy touches. Year-round, the chief attraction is Masquerade Village, with shops and Mardi Gras floats circling from a ceiling track. "Bevertainers" in this area periodically stop their drink-slinging to break into song and dance. VooDoo Lounge, a rooftop nightclub (with a room that doubles as a steakhouse), is also worth checking out. Approach table games with caution—the casino edge is one of Vegas's worst. If you'd rather just watch, visit in July, when the ballrooms on the east side of the property host the annual "Main Event" of the World Series of Poker.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $149 & up -- Vegas: 5-Diamond Venetian Resort, Save 50% BookIt.com
- $79 & up -- 4- & 5- Star Vegas Hotels, up to 65% Off BookIt.com
- $49 -- Red Rock Canyon: Day Tour, $25 Off Red Rock PM Express Tour
- $116* & up -- Last-Minute Las Vegas Flights on American, R/T — $116 American Airlines
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Keeping up with what's hot on the Vegas Strip feels like a full-time job...unless you follow @VegasBill ... Read more
When your friends ask what you're up to over the weekend, you can say you'll just be on the green with... Read more
Las Vegas visitors have a new club to splurge on: American Express has opened their Centurion Club a... Read more