Las Vegas Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fodor's Las Vegas 2013
Easter Island, Machu Picchu, and other celebrated wonders of the world are certainly impressive. But Las Vegas... Las Vegas is a land where jungles thrive and fountains dance in the middle of the desert. It's a place that unites medieval England and ancient Egypt with modern-day Venice, Paris, and New York. It's a never-ending source of irony and improbability where you can turn a chip and a chair into a million dollars, or celebrate your shotgun wedding by shooting machine guns. Where else does such a wonderland exist? In a word, nowhere. But Vegas.
The world of Vegas-area casino hotels changes constantly. In the early 2000s just about every resort was investing heavily in family-friendly accommodations...read more
Las Vegas is America's hottest restaurant market. Celebrity chefs have opened clones of famous signature restaurants as well as newborn establishments in...read more
Things To Do in Las Vegas
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $42 & up -- 4- & 5-Star Vegas Resorts, up to 65% Off BookIt.com
- $149 & up -- 5-Star Venetian Resort w/Suite Upgrade, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $69 & up -- Blue Man Group at Monte Carlo, up to 40% Off Blue Man Group
- $27 & up -- Las Vegas Resort Sale, up to 30% Off — $27 Caesars Entertainment
- $50 -- Vegas: Celeb Comics Penn & Teller at the Rio, 40% Off — $50 Penn & Teller
Will it be an acrobatic Cirque du Soleil extravaganza? A standing act by a musical legend? An afternoon comedy show, or Broadway-lite (90-minute... Read more
Yes, Vegas brims with cash, glitz, and glamour, but that doesn't mean you can't find freebies (or cheapies).... Read more
With an average of 315 days of sunshine a year and year-round access, Las Vegas's top sport is golf. The peak season is any nonsummer month... Read more
Vegas wedding chapels: They're flowers and neon and love ever after (or at least until tomorrow's hangover). They're also mighty quick, once... Read more
Las Vegas doesn't have much on tap in terms of new construction. After the completion of The Cosmopolitan in early 2011, future projects struggled... Read more
Bowling in Vegas will give you a new appreciation for the sport most of us associate with bad haircuts and ugly shoes. You'll find elements of... Read more
It doesn't matter why you're going to Vegas, it just matters that Sin City is in your future.... Read more
Keeping up with what's hot on the Vegas Strip feels like a full-time job...unless you follow @VegasBill... Read more
When your friends ask what you're up to over the weekend, you can say you'll just be on the green with... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now101° F Clear 4% Humidity June 18, 2013 at 5:56PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Me and my wife are planning 2 days trip from Las Vegas to San Fransisco including Yosemite park (2 days not including time spent at Las Vegas and San Fransisco).
The first thought is to leave Las Vegas Read more