- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Far and away the most popular nonskiing activity in the region is snowmobiling into and around Yellowstone National Park. West Yellowstone, about 50 mi south of Big Sky on U.S. 191, prides itself on being the "Snowmobile Capital of the World." The most popular excursion is the 60-mi round-trip between West Yellowstone and Old Faithful; the park allows in a few hundred commercially guided snowmobiles each day.
Canyon Adventures arranges snowmobiling excursions. 47200 Gallatin Rd., U.S. 191, Big Sky, MT, 59716. 406/994-4450 or 800/520-7533.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe