- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Here's the kind of undeniably friendly, downright cute hole-in-the-wall that keeps the neighborhood real. With seating for 30, Carmen keeps its capacity crowds happy with glasses of wine and tiny dishes of roasted red pepper and olives at the up-front bar. At tables, meanwhile, diners tuck into comforting specials like homemade pappardelle with creamy mushroom ragu and braised short ribs with Parmesan polenta. Desserts and coffee, however, aren't served.
- Address: 33 North Sq., North End, Boston, MA 02113 | Map It
- Phone: 617/742–6421
- Website: www.carmenboston.com
- Metro Haymarket.
- Location: The North End
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No lunch Sun.–Wed., except lunch offered on Wed. from April 1–Dec 31.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband is currently at Mass General so I've been hanging out in Boston for the past few days. Read more
We (a family of 4 with a teenager and a preschooler) live in the suburbs of Boston, but hosted out of town visitors for a weekend (a family with similarly aged kids). Read more
My husband and I are trying to plan a trip for June 28- July 6 of this year. Read more
· News & Features
Talented bartenders Boston-wide are busy flexing their artisanal mixology muscles. ... Read more
Beantown may be cooling down this season, but its culinary scene is only getting hotter.... Read more
Eclectic, sophisticated, and perfectly situated, Boston's new Boxer Hotel is your ideal new Beantown home... Read more