Bursting with Yankee pride, Boston attracts visitors for its rich past and vibrant present. From Boston Common to Faneuil Hall to Fenway Park, the city is a hub of American history and culture. Buzzing neighborhoods such as the North End, Beacon Hill, and Back Bay mix venerable landmarks and lively street life. On the other side of the Charles River is bustling Cambridge, home of Harvard University and MIT. Wherever you choose to explore, Boston’s locavore restaurants, chic galleries, and tempting shops are all easily accessible on satisfying strolls.
- Historic Icons The Freedom Trail links sites from the American Revolution's start.
- The Charles The river's bridges and esplanade reward exploration by foot or boat.
- Great Museums The Museum of Fine Arts and New England Aquarium satisfy curious minds.
- Stylish Shopping Newbury and Boylston Streets give shopaholics a boutique buzz.
- Cuisine Seafood restaurants and chef-led hot spots fuel a booming restaurant scene.
- Parks and Squares Boston Public Garden and Copley Square have prime people-watching.