- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rebecca T. Ruark. Built in 1886, this 49-passenger ship, captained by owner Wade Murphy Jr., offers hands-on learning charters from early April into late October. She is the oldest working skipjack on the Bay, and is one of several skipjacks designated as National Historic Landmarks. Captain Murphy is as much the entertainment as the skipjack itself. Legend has it that he captained James Michener when the author was doing research for his blockbuster Chesapeake. Tickets are $30 for adults, $15 for those under 12. 21308 Phillips Rd., at Dogwood Harbor, Tilghman Island, MD, 21671. 410/829-3976 or 410/886-2176. www.skipjack.org.
The Lady Patty is a 45-foot bay ketch built in 1935. Knapps Narrows Marina, Tilghman Island, Tilghman Island, MD. 410/886-2215 or 800/690-5080. www.lazyjackinn.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
- $75-$79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, 65% Off BookIt.com
- $83 & up -- D.C. Hotel w/Wi-Fi & Daily Breakfast, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% Off Featured Destination: Baltimore
- $169 & up -- 4.5-Star Loews Madison Hotel D.C., Save 40% — $169 Expedia