- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rebecca T. Ruark. Built in 1886, this 49-passenger ship, captained by owner Wade Murphy Jr., offers hands-on learning charters from early April into late October. She is the oldest working skipjack on the Bay, and is one of several skipjacks designated as National Historic Landmarks. Captain Murphy is as much the entertainment as the skipjack itself. Legend has it that he captained James Michener when the author was doing research for his blockbuster Chesapeake. Tickets are $30 for adults, $15 for those under 12. 21308 Phillips Rd., at Dogwood Harbor, Tilghman Island, MD, 21671. 410/829–3976 or 410/886–2176. www.skipjack.org.
The Lady Patty is a 45-foot bay ketch built in 1935. Knapps Narrows Marina, Tilghman Island, Tilghman Island, MD. 410/886–2215 or 800/690–5080. www.lazyjackinn.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's