- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Roosevelt Hotel New Orleans
At a Glance
- exquisite lobby
- location near downtown and French Quarter
- outstanding bar and restaurants
- streetcar just outside
- pricey fees for parking and in-room Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
The Roosevelt Hotel New Orleans Review
Here's a chance to stay in one of the truly iconic hotels in New Orleans—from its glittering lobby to each beautiful, traditionally furnished guest room, the Roosevelt offers a grand experience. A downtown anchor for more than a century, the hotel was nearly destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. Its glam is back, thanks to a major renovation in 2009. The legendary Sazerac Bar is a top spot for cocktails, and the Blue Room serves a sumptuous Sunday jazz brunch. There's a 12,000-square-foot world-class European spa and fitness center as well. Also attached is the great John Besh restaurant, Domenica.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in NOLA the first week in February, first time there for both of us.
I've been having fun reading trip reports and while we don't usually make an exac Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, ... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more