Saint Gabriel Catholic Church
Saint Gabriel Catholic Church Review
A tower, arched doorways, and a large round window form bold masses on the exterior of this church, designed in 1887 by Daniel Burnham and John Root. The Romanesque interior, with vaulted arches, gives a feeling of breadth and spaciousness. The parish, in the Canaryville neighborhood, was organized to serve Irish workers at the nearby Union Stock Yards. Take Interstate 94 south from the Loop (43rd Street exit), or take Bus 8 to Halsted and 45th streets and walk east on 45th Street for two blocks.
View deals in Chicago for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More