- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Maui 2014
At a Glance
- in the seemingly endless strip of Kihei condos, this stands out for its pleasant grounds and well-cared-for units
- the complex of buildings may seem a bit too "citylike"
- all buildings look the same, so remember a landmark to help you find your unit
Check Rates from our Partners
Kamaole Sands Review
At this south Kihei property, a good choice for active families, there are swimming pools, tennis courts for a friendly game, and the ideal family beach (Kamaole III) is just across the street. Ten four-story buildings wrap around 15 acres of grassy slopes with swimming pools, a small waterfall, and barbecues. Condos with one to three bedrooms are equipped with modern conveniences, but there's a relaxed, almost retro feel to the place. All units have two bathrooms, kitchens, laundry facilities, and private lanai. The property, managed by Castle Resorts, has a 24-hour front desk and an activities desk.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
My wife and I arrived at our hotel, the Westin Maui, just before sunset. Read more
· News & Features
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where ... Read more
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year.... Read more
When on Maui, you'll have no trouble finding a good meal.... Read more