- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Roy's Poipu Bar & Grill
Roy's Poipu Bar & Grill Review
Hawaii's culinary superstar, Roy Yamaguchi, is fond of sharing his signature Hawaiian fusion cuisine by cloning the successful Honolulu restaurant where he got his start. You'll find one of these copycat eateries on Kauai's South Shore in a shopping-center locale that feels too small and ordinary for the exotic food. As with most restaurant branches, it just doesn't have the heart and soul of the original. Still, it does have delicious food and impeccable service. Scallops, fresh island fish, chicken, and filet mignon are elevated above the ordinary by their sauces and beautiful presentation. Save room for the signature chocolate soufflé or warm pineapple upside-down cake. Reservations recommended.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year. ... Read more
So you think you know Kauai?... Read more
Being bohemian in the big city is so passé.... Read more