Hawaii's ultimate tropical paradise, Kauai has amazing natural wonders to explore, from the velvety green, accordion-folded cliffs of Napali Coast to the multicolor vistas of Waimea Canyon. Sun seekers choose favorites from more than 50 miles of beaches, while hikers and kayakers have abundant options in unspoiled beauty. Best of all, laid-back Kauai is one of the state’s least-crowded islands, with low-key resorts and mellow former plantation villages. Places like the North Shore's Hanalei Bay, with its turquoise water, are perfect for simply relaxing.
- Beaches Pristine strips of sand and palm-fringed shores make vacation dreams real.
- Napali Coast Its towering cliffs astonish all who see them from land, sea, or air.
- Outdoor Fun Kauai offers great surfing and snorkeling, plus top-notch golf and hiking.
- Charming Towns Artsy Hanapepe, colorful Hanalei, historic Koloa, and more.
- Kayaking Paddling on a river is a tranquil way to discover the island's allure.
- Scenic Drives The North Shore's Highway 560, the West Side's Waimea Canyon Drive.