Built as a general store in 1912 by Sadanosuke Hata and his family, this historic structure now houses galleries, a restaurant, and other small shops. During World War II, Hata family members were interned and the building was confiscated by the U.S. government. When the war was over, a daughter repurchased it for $100,000. A beautiful example of Renaissance-Revival architecture, it won an award from the state for the authenticity of its restoration.
308 Kamehameha Ave., at Mamo St., Hilo, Hawaii, 96720, United States