- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Jekyll Island Tennis Center. The center offers 13 clay courts, with 7 lighted for nighttime play, and provides lessons for all ages and summer camps for juniors. Courts cost $6 per person, per session, daily 9 am to 10 pm. Reservations for lighted courts are required and must be made before the shop closes at 6 pm the day of play. 400 Capt. Wylly Rd., Jekyll Island, GA, 31527. 912/635–3154.
Summer Nature Programs
Tidelands Nature Center. This 4H program sponsored by the University of Georgia has daily summer classes for kids and adults on everything from loggerhead sea turtles to live oaks to beach ecology. You can learn how the maritime forest evolves or get a lesson in seining and netting. There are guided nature walks, kayak tours, and canoe and paddleboat rentals. The center also has touch tanks and an array of live coastal species on display, such as sea turtles, crabs, fish, alligators, and much more. Call for prices on classes and exhibits. 100 S. Riverview Dr., Jekyll Island, GA, 31527. 912/635–5032. www.tidelands4h.org.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe